This is a favorite Eastern European appetizer, very popular throughout Europe. I made a plant-based version, without oil, salt, or sugar, including the mayo.
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 20 min Cooking Time: 10 min
- 2 bags frozen mixed vegetables thawed and drained of water (carrots, green beans, green peas, and corn), I buy them from Sprouts Farmers Market. Sometimes they are on sale for $3 for 2.
- 1 large sweet potato, boiled, chilled and cubed
- 1 large white potato, boiled, chilled, and cubed
- 2 persian cucumbers cubed
For plant-based mayo:
- 1 can low sodium or salt free white beans or chickpeas, using half of the water in the can
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, more if desired
- 1 tsp each garlic and onion powder
- in a large mixing bowl mix all the vegetables
- put all the ingredients for the mayo in a high speed blender and blend until smooth consistency. If too thick add more water from the can of beans.
- put aside 2 tsp mayo for garnish, and mix the rest with the vegetables.
- garnish as desired and chill in refrigerator for a couple hours.